Step Right Up!...I'm Gonna Scare The Pants Off America

Category: Kindle Store,Kindle eBooks,Biographies & Memoirs

Step Right Up!...I'm Gonna Scare The Pants Off America Details

The republication of William Castle's "Step Right Up!"features wonderfully crafted stories with new previously unpublished photographs from the Castle archive. Nostalgia vies with rollicking good fun in these anecdote-studded memoirs of the man who made all those delicious horror films you thrill to.Remember the Lloyds of London insurance policy that protected your family if you were frightened to death by "Macabre"? Or the theatre seats that buzzed when "The Tingler" came on screen...and the refund for cowards who could not face the last terrifying minutes of "Homicidal"? The fans loved it all, and Bill Castle loved scaring the pants off them...especially with his most famous hit, "Rosemary's Baby". A man of remarkable candor and antic humor who has been both extravagantly praised and roundly chastised by the critics, Castle has always sought and found the thrill of thrilling--the thrill of successful showmanship. His talent as a raconteur matches his knack for outrageous movie promotions in these engaging memoirs where he wittily exposes the mind and man behind the monster maker. Look out! Bill Castle's gonna getcha.

Reviews

I have loved "The House On Haunted Hill" since I was a kid, so stumbling upon this book a couple of weeks ago was a perfect accident. But I had no idea that he had been involved in so many more of my guilty-pleasure-don't-you-dare-touch-that-dial favorites.The book was a joy to read. So many stories told with so much enthusiasm and passion that I spent much of the time bouncing between my Kindle and my IMDB app to learn even more about his wealth of films.I didn't want it to end. I wanted to read even more about the plays he directed, the movie stars he worked with (Vincent Price, Errol Flynn, Joan Crawford, Mia Farrow), and on and on. The narrative flowed along - I felt like I was sitting in my living-room listening to an old friend sharing the stories of his life. But what a life! This man was a force of nature.Even if you aren't a fan of his films, you should give this book a shot. It's about a Hollywood we'll never see again and a man who lived and loved every bit of it. They may not have been award winners, but his films have stayed with me longer than most of the movies that get those gold statues. And now the author will, too.

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel